On the map of our heritage walking tour, the reference number of this structure is 9
At the corner of King and Court stands a renovated stone building that serves as the Ontario Court of Justice. Built in 1821 by John W. Marston, it's one of the oldest standing in Eastern Ontario. It initially served as a hotel and then as a general store. Former owners include J. Millar, the Neeve brothers, Basile Poulin, Adhémar Clément and finally Henri Clément, its last owner.
In 1968, it became the City Hall for the village of L'Orignal.