On the map of our heritage walk tour, the reference number of this structure is 13
At the corner of King and John Street stands an elegant Victorian residence dating back to 1885. It was built for Eden Philo Johnson, husband of Isabella Treadwell, daughter of Charles Platt Treadwell, sheriff and last seignior of L’Orignal. Covered with red bricks, its two front gables embellished with large ornaments and balanced with a pointed tower, this spectacular house is a good specimen of the neogothic style.
Expanded in 1901 by judge Constantineau, it became the property of the Proulx family for close to 90 years: first Edmond Proulx, lawyer, MP, and judge, and then by his son Henri, also a lawyer. Local businessman, Bernard Pilon owned it until 2005.