On the map of our heritage walk, the reference number of this structure is 5
This beautiful stone house on Wharf Street was built in 1833 for John Marston. To this day, it remains one of Ontario’s best existing examples of Regency architecture, a style between Georgian and Victorian.
The house is remarkable for its large chequered windows crowned by arches, two large chimneys and a long porch lined by fine pillars. Elegant lattice work on the sides of the porch and in arches between pillars add to its great overall harmony.